The Dalby's

The Dalby's

Sunday, November 24, 2013

DIY Projects

So I've had this dresser for 15 years

(I can't believe I'm old enough to say I've had anything for that long)

It was this unfinished wood dresser which still works great. I think it was partially stained once upon a time, but never finished.

I've been planning to paint it for months but hadn't decided on a color until recently, let alone had time to start said project.

Anyway,

I needed to feel crafty.

So I just did it.

Our 1 bedroom apartment was a disaster for about a week. The dresser was in the kitchen, and the kitchen was in the living room, and all our clothes were all over the floor. It was a bit ridiculous.

But, Thanks to some borrowed paint supplies, a Home Depot clearance sale on handles, and a lil' grease work-I'm quite impressed with how it turned out.

Check it out!


Before



And some sanding, 


Then some priming,






And one coat of paint,



A few action shots,

        

A final coat,



A few new handles and BAM!


We really love it. The picture really doesn't do it justice. I'm so happy with it!

We're thinking there will be more wood-painting projects for us in the future..

1 comment: