The Dalby's

The Dalby's

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

On Awkward Family Photos

The other night over dinner I was talking to Tay about our upcoming Christmas vacay,


And how I am oh.so.very.much.enthused.! about the whole ordeal.
And then I asked about family photos, yano.
Because I think the last time his family took a "fam photo" 
..was a few-weddings-and-a-couple-a-babies-ago.

SO much to our excitement, we decided to plot out poses for the best fam photo shot. yano. the winner.

..of most awkward family photo.

Tay thought he could lay on his stomach with this head propped on his hands...and then i thought i could squat over him...and then he thought it would seem like i was birthing him...and then we thought that was prolly good enough.

So of course we then proceeded to indulge in 10 minutes of much needed, AWKWARD FAMILY PHOTO joy.
Here were some of MY favs:


BUT THIS ONE took the cake.

(i enclosed the caption because it was just too good to leave out)

“So, I had just given birth to my first son at a local birthing center and there had been another couple that had given birth just before me there as well. The midwife told us that the couple in the other room wanted to come over to say congratulations and introduce us to their child as well.  Little did I know that they would come into my room with no pants on. Even better, they both had NO UNDERWEAR ON. And from my vantage point, I could see everything. It was disturbingly awkward to say the least. I have no idea why my husband had his shirt off, but I assure you, he had his pants on. To this day I still have no idea why they were both naked from the waist down. Even more importantly, why was HE?”
(submitted by Jillian)

thank you awkwardfamilyphoto.com




...future inspiration. we.think.so.

No comments:

Post a Comment