The Dalby's

The Dalby's

Friday, November 4, 2011

An Ode to my Momma

Dear Mom,

The other day I wore a button-up shirt. And then I remembered when I was 5 and HATED wearing those, especially when you made me tuck it in.  And then I realized present time, how much cuter tucking in a button-uo makes you look.

And then I put my hair behind my ears and thought, "Why am I not throwing a tantrum?...and I surely miss my mother."


Remember when I was 6 and we had those "Etiquette Nights" and when I thought I had graduated you took me to that uber-fancy fish restaurant in the Bay Area...and then I threw the red beet across the table and it landed on the white linen table cloth.  I distinctly recall having the thought. "I don't like beets. This can't be on my plate. It's touching my lettuce." And then I flung it away...ohh you were not so very happy with me.

Well to make it up, I have begun holding "etiquette nights" on Sundays. I place all my silverware on the proper sides, tuck the knife blade under the plate, make sure the glass is placed appropriately...and while thinking this all looks lop-sided I can't stand it... I lay it all out and we enjoy having a veryyyy classy-yet-casual meal together.


I attached photos for proof of my progress. I hope you enjoy = )






*friends. ...and pinkies.

No comments:

Post a Comment